Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem with simiultion of mosfet switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

fareen

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i m tring to make a h bridge using mosfet but my simulation in ltspices is not giving the required result infact the results are quite bizarre
i dont understand whatto do
can naybody help???

You should absolutely show the circuit. I love mixed-up circuits and bizarre results.

oh my bad
im so forget ful
switch circuit is a simple switch im trying to implement pmos switch but the result is constant voltage
while the other circuit give output in mv????

Attachments

• New folder.rar
    1.4 KB · Views: 51

Without claiming completeness, I see these issues:
- wrong polarity of D6 and D7
- pulse voltage levels for V2 and V3 result in M1 and M2 always on
- no models selected for any semiconductor device. Default devices are small signal types
- gate resistor values unsuitable when used with power transistors
- no dead time provided for bridge control
- control method for low side switches is likely to trigger bridge self-destruction

I append a schematic copy for convenience

Reactions: fareen

fareen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for the reply
can you suggest power mosfet for driving 24V and 10A dc motor
and can you explain the dead time becuz i got no idea of it
and then i was tring just with two mosfet but output is just not right
give sum hint to correct it

Last edited:

here is the circit

Attachments

• Draft2.rar
    668 bytes · Views: 51

Suitable power MOSFETs are availabe in the LTSpice standard library. It's easy to select one with sufficient ratings for a simulation.

Dead time is required to achieve "break before make" action of the H-bridge switches. A few 100 ns is a usual number for MOSFET. In a simulation, it's easy to provide separate gate voltage sources for each transistor and adjust the timing parameters accordingly.

Your latest circuit from post #7 has serious errors. I can only suggest to design the circuits less hastily and double check correct polarity of each transistor and voltage range of control sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.