Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with SIM900 EVB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonSk

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all
I got new SIM900 EVB with SIM900 GSM modem.
I have some problem to wake it up. When I turn it on LED POWER and STATUS are light. Pressing PWRKEY have no effect. On serial port I receive only some strange character (115k2 8/1/none) I try to change boud rate all same. On AT command I have no respond.
Please take look video:
‪P1030034‬‏ - YouTube

regards
Simon

check the voltage on pwrkey pin of module. when you turn on the board, pwrkey should be high. By pressing the pwrkey button it should go low.

What a mess. PWRKEY on EWB-board a not connected to 1.pin on SIM900 ?!?!?!
TNX for your suggestion

Hi, after watching your video I think I must have the same problem. I have just received a SIM900-EVB_V1.01_PCB and teh SIM900-TE-C_V1.02. It was interesting to read the comments regarding the PWRKEY. After finding some schematics it almost seems to me that the module is not compatible with the evb board?

pin 1 on the sim900 itself is connected to pin 17 on the pin header. PWRKEY on the evb board is connected to pin 11 on the pin header. Could you confirm if this was the case for you - or was yours simply no connected?

Best regards,
Shane

Hi
correct. This two boards are not compatibile.
I buy new adapter with GSM now it work without problem!

Hi,
Thanks for the replay. Did you manage to locate a schematic for the incompatible adapter module? I'm not sure I have time to wait for new modules. What is the new adapter module you use?

I'm sorry. I don't have schematic for board :(
Name is SIM900-TE_V1.03_PCB

Thanks for this, I'll try and source one of these units.

I wonder what the sim900te-c module is intended for use with? Strange to have such a module that is not compatible with the development kit available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back