Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with SIM300CZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhmd_saud

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm facing a problem with my module
it running good without inserting the SIM card but when I insert it in a place where there is a network coverage, it return "Call Ready" and goes to restart periodically but if there is no coverage it operate normally as there is no sim card

I made two designs for the sim card holder but both gives the same problem

those are my designs :
sim1_b10.jpg

the second

sim2_b10.jpg

Please note that i didn't connect the ESD in the designs

is the problem is in the design or there is another cause ?

while i think that the problem isn't in my design but i don't know what happen exactly when network detected which make it restart.

The module is resetting - this is a casasic symptom of a power supply that cannot supply the current required when transmitting. Search the forum for related posts.

Reactions: abdsj

mhmd_saud

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

abdsj

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks GSM Man the problem solved, but i 've another question for the previous designs which of them is preferred

The module is resetting - this is a casasic symptom of a power supply that cannot supply the current required when transmitting. Search the forum for related posts.

Hi, GSM Man. According to SIM300CZ Hardware Design guidelines,, this module need a supply current about 2A...
My question is.. would you give me the schematic for this type of power supply

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back