Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Silkscreen Layer in PADS Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I was creating a new Decal (part) in PADS Layout software, I have set "All Layers" in the Drafting Properties for the component's outline. Is it correct? So when I type "z 26" in order to see only the Silkscreen Top, this outline appears. So it works in PCB Decal Editor. But when I use this component in the PCB Layout design and type "z 26", no outline appears for that component. How this could be? What should I do to have the component's outline on the Silkscreen Layer?
By the way, what is the difference between "Silkscreen Top" and "Assembly Drawing Top" layers?

Never used that "z" command before, but make sure you've got outlines assigned a visible color (CTRL-ALT-C). What does "z 26" do?

You may want things on your assembly drawing that aren't on the ss, and vice versa. Notes, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back