Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with SDF file in ModelSim

Status
Not open for further replies.

picko_again

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SDF file required

I use xilinx ISE 8.2i and I am in the post place & route phase...I implemented my project succesfully and trying now to simulate post place & route model using model sim...but when I enter model sim from the ISE it says that an error occured and the SDF file is not found..I've tried every thing and searched for the sdf file in the project folder and added it in model sim simulation the sdf tab..but the same error occured...could any body help me with this??...thanks in advance..

SDF file required

in ur project folder(created in xilinx folder in ur installation directory like c:/xilinx/project_dir/netgen/par/ here u an find sdf and p and r simulation netlist file).
open ur par netlist file in that serach for $sdf_annotate command in that u can find the pathn change it to full path and try. u need not give the sdf file option in modelsim as it is included in the par netlist file

Re: SDF file required

thanks for your help..but when i opened the par folder there were 3 files with the same name but diffrent extensions(.sdf .vhd . nlf) which one you mean by p and r or where i could find this par netlist file..please clarify more and thanks in advance..

SDF file required

.sdf is the timing simulation file
.vhd is ur vhdl netlist file which u can simulate and verify similar to ur RTL. compile this file along with ur testbench file and simulate it will work
.nlf is xilinx specific which u need not take care of

regards
srinivas

Re: SDF file required

can post what error exactly you are getting in model sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back