Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with results of plotting Cang_deg in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

astewart

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When doing a simple check of the results from HFSS I am finding some disturbing results.

I made a cylinder 11.75 inches long having a radius of 1.135 inches, this is the default vacuum material.

This has a wave port at each end with 2 modes defined orthogonal to each other and aligned to the integration lines of the port on the other end.

The analysis frequency is 6 GHz.

I set up multiple sweeps, sweep1 from 3 to 6 GHz (0.25GHz step), sweep2 from 3.4 to3.45 GHz (0.005 GHz step), sweep3 5.725 to 5.775 GHz (0.005 GHz step). I really am interested in the smaller bands but would like to see what happens in between.

This runs fairly quickly.

I plotted Cang_deg for the aligned modes for each port like s11:s21, I get different results from each sweep.

The plotted results from sweep1 are about 380 degrees off from hand calculated values for both my interested bands.

The plotted results from sweep2 and sweep3 are not the same as the plotted results from sweep1 for the bands of interest. And the results are really wrong, to the extent that the values generated in the sweep3 report are positive (+61.27 degrees) when they should be about -1747 degrees (this is from hand calc).

What am I missing? how can these results be so far off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back