Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with results of convolved functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

roustabout

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Convolution...

i confused about...

"if the transmitted radio signal bandwidth > the "bandwidth" of the multipath channel, the received signal will be distorted but the received signal strength will not fade as much over a local area"(rappaport,2002)

i assumed -> radio signal bandwidtgh as the input x(t) --> delta funtion
the channel as the filter h(t)---> rectangular function

When i convolved the two functions together. i found that the output y(t) is not distorted...confused..hhmmm

i used this site..to visualize...the convolution
h**p://www-es.fernuni-hagen.de/JAVA/DisFaltung/convol.html

ok thanks

Convolution...

i think i will be distorted.

from
x(t) * h(t) ====> X(f).H(f)

using FFT, this call fast convolution, with is the same result.
then H(f) will be sin(x)/x function, which will distort spectrum of X(f) for sure...

Yo!

Re: Convolution...

hi

...I think that: " the bandwidth of the multipath channel " refers to the 'coherence bandwidth'. it's mean the bandwidth of the channel with 'flat' response.
So, if BW of the signal > BW coherence then it (signal) will be distorted, BUT
in a little spatial area (local area) of a few wavelengths, the fading vary just a little.

regards

Re: Convolution...

hi nimhawk...

u said the mutlipath channel is in flat response...does it mean i can visualize as an impulse trains u(nT)

i'm trying to grasp the concept..if u dont mind..

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back