Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with RELAY ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

yviswanathbe

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a Relay which will turn on at 1.6Volts. (Initial Coil Supply is 2V)

for testing i have connected the RELAY to Power supply and decreased the voltage. RELAY is on exactly at 1.6V.

How can i do this automatically? i mean when ever the voltage falls down to 1.6V RELAY should on.

I have done with a NPN transistor ( I have attached the schematic), but no success.

Somebody please help me in this regard?

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

Attachments

• Relay.pdf
    3.7 KB · Views: 68

Your description of the relay is unclear. Usually we speak of a pull-in and a drop-out voltage of a monostable relay. Both are considerably different due to the properties of the magnetic circuit. If I understand right, you are talking about contact closure with decreaing coil voltage, which would refer to a normally closed contact.

The purpose of the shown circuit is also unclear, because it just powers the coil permanently. I think, you should try to describe more clearly, what you want to achieve. Also a specification of the relay in terms of pull-in and drop-out voltage would be helpful, or a reference to a manufacturer and specific relay type.

You have asked a strange question, I understand your question as follows:

"How to energize the relay , (which needs more than 1,6 V to be energized), using the voltage less than 1,6 V".
May be it would be good if you would describe the task you want to realize.
Important is, if there are a stable power source ( say 5V)
or the 1,6V +/- delta V is the only voltage available.

Hi,

Thanks for your responses and sorry for the late reply.

RELAY.JPG

I have attached the block diagram of my application.

Initially the battery voltage will be 1.5V. Both the relays are open and no current flows.
When a magnet is placed closer to the reed relay, the reed relay will on which turns on the RELAY and current flows through the load (here i have shown resistor as load) and battery voltage decreases gradually. When ever the Battery voltage reaches to 1V i need to cut off the Relay.

The power supply available is Battery supply only.

I am looking for the circuit to cut off the Relay. i tried to design the circuit with the NPN transistor but no success.

can somebody help me.

Thanks and Regards,
Viswanath

Using two resistors as a voltage divider for the base voltage would allow you to adjust an "off" voltage level.

Status
Not open for further replies.