Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with programming HCS512

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atilla Qarabagli

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone
I am trying to program the HCS301 and HCS512 by an Atmega32 microcontroller.
I successfully (I think so) programmed HCS301 with typical codes. But I don't know exactly how I can generate Encryption key from Manufacture code and serial number. Is there any especial software or other way for this?
My most important problem is about programming HCS512. I entered "0123456789ABCDEF" for Manufacture code, "01" for Config, and "3F" for Checksum (according to the example of the datasheet). I set the port of the microcontroller that is connected to clk line of HCS512 to tri-state input after the last falling edge of the clk at the end of 80-bit data package, but I couldn't get any pulse as achnowledge on this line. Now I don't know which of the followings causes this problem:
- Has the HCS512 failed?
- Are my waveforms for Data and Clk incorrect?
- Are the values that I enter as checksum or other values incorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.