Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with power switching off in SIM300 module

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrykch

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone work with sim300?
i have one, but i can't find the network
The power always auto off ( LED does't flash )
i have to on the 'download' switch to send the AT command

call ready sim300

Hi,

See the attachments on SIM300, they may be useful to you. I have not used SIM300, but I was having these details. They are for your reference.

why call ready sim300

I just order SIM300 module
Maybe it's problem of power suply. I have read datasheet - this module need 2A (even 3A) in some case.

sim detect problem of sim300

Hi,
The power supply may be critical. But i used three three pen torch batteries and a diode (1N4007)in series. This gives 3x1.5- 0.6=3.9V. If you have any doubts about the power supply this is the easiest way to veryfy.

My module is working fine except it does not respond to my AT commands. I receive "call ready" "normal power down", "ring" and receives SMS. The only response i receive from the module when i send any command (eg. ATA when ringing) i receice "call ready"after about 30 seconds delay. Iit opsible that i am not following the correct syntax for the command. Will someone help me please?

not respond to ate1 sim300

hi
if U see the {"call ready" "normal power down", "ring" and receives SMS}
it mean your module is ok
for better work first set your buadrate like

at+ipr=9600 <enter>
ok(responce)

at&w <enter> (for saveing this setting)

if the module give your command & U don't see your command result write:

ate1 <enter>
it's echo your command & U can see your sending command

sim300 echo only

ceywater said:
Hi,
The power supply may be critical. But i used three three pen torch batteries and a diode (1N4007)in series. This gives 3x1.5- 0.6=3.9V. If you have any doubts about the power supply this is the easiest way to veryfy.

My module is working fine except it does not respond to my AT commands. I receive "call ready" "normal power down", "ring" and receives SMS. The only response i receive from the module when i send any command (eg. ATA when ringing) i receice "call ready"after about 30 seconds delay. Iit opsible that i am not following the correct syntax for the command. Will someone help me please?

Im using a lm7805 with two diodes 1n4007, it started to work fine, only for 20 min, i was testing some at commands and i sent at&f (factory reset) and after that a message is appearing when power up my module:

AT+CIMI
SIM CARD is not inserted,
i measure Vsim and there is not voltage, not even it starting.

I think this is for i use a 1amp power supply, it´s it true or my module its FRIED to SIM CONNECTIONS?

Thanks for any response:cry:

sim300 at echo

telboxperu said:
ceywater said:
Hi,

Im using a lm7805 with two diodes 1n4007, it started to work fine, only for 20 min, i was testing some at commands and i sent at&f (factory reset) and after that a message is appearing when power up my module:

AT+CIMI
SIM CARD is not inserted,
i measure Vsim and there is not voltage, not even it starting.

I think this is for i use a 1amp power supply, it´s it true or my module its FRIED to SIM CONNECTIONS?

Thanks for any response:cry:
Ok, i found somethig,
First, mi simcard was not being detected for CFUN=0 so i put CFUN=1, then my sim card is detect now, but when i do a creg?, i found CREG: 2,0 and when i call to a number i see: NO DIALTONE.

This is my solution::
POWER UP,
AT
ok
ate0
ok
at+cfun=1
ok
at+csmins?
csmins: 1,1
at+cimi
71610xxxx
at+creg=2
ok
at+creg?
creg: 2,1
-----------
atd123;
ok

ITS WORKING!
ath
ok

--------
I was seeing:
atd123;
ok
no dialtone
and this is for my IMEI of mi SIM MODULE, was blocked from my Carrier "Claro Peru", for this i saw: creg: 2,0.
so i changed my imei trough a software, and that´s all

it´s working now.
feel free to contact me for that software: my email: rbeltran(at)telboxperu.com or 51 1 4273192

sim300 3a

hi telboxperu

for frist problem it's better that use a directly supply (as lm317 or each other) to support sim voltage (3.6 to 4 )
& for {no dailtone } response U must to check antenna signal with at+cqs?
it may u have bad or low signal that module cann't stablish working with that

at command for sim300 module

Hi. I have the same Olimex PIC-GSM development board, even I am programming it using C in MPLAB and I would like to know what codes should I use to communicate the pic18f97j60 to the sim300d(in C)?, how is the syntax to make that the sim300d read the message from de PIC and vice versa(in C) and to witch PORTS?...because I already send a few text message from hyperterminal and made some phone calls but I don't know how to make this link between this device!!!Thanks, I will thank you forever if you help with this!!!!

This is the schematic

https://www.olimex.com/dev/images/PIC/PIC-GSM-sch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back