Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with opamps offset voltage when amp. is inverting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sivamit

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
opamp offset voltage

Hi friends,
I am designing a circuit where i am using op amp OP07 and my input is around 52mV. The amplifier is in inverting mode.The problem is offset voltage. im using trimmer pots as they have given . But even if the input is grounded the output voltage is always equal to VCc(saturated). No effect of pots. If i vary the pot value the o/p voltage is just changing +vcc to -vcc.
What cub be the reason for this?
Please Help....

Re: opamp offset voltage

What is your +VCC and your -VCC voltage exactly. If you are using this opamp with a single supply the action you are describing would happen. Also try the offset with a pot from null to null with +VCC on wiper as described in the data sheet.

Thats my two cents... good luck

sivamit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: opamp offset voltage

sivamit,
Your offset nulling circuit is incorrect. Connect a 20K pot to pins 1, 8. Connect the wiper of the pot to +Vc. See the Maxim datasheet.
Regards,
Kral

sivamit

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back