Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Op-Amp differential amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

imanjohn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have implemented a simple differential amplifier with an OP07 IC. R4 = R3 = 47K, R1 = R2 = 2K.

When I connect inputs (V1 and V2) so that the voltage difference be 0 at the inputs, I always see 1.5V on output. When I apply small differences at the input, the output does not vary and it is 1.5V. I did not do anything for offset nulling and I checked on several ICs. Would you please let me know the problem?

opamp18.gif

Just connect or connect both to ground?

Just connect! But I will check with GND and voltage applied.

If I connect both inputs to the GND, the output will be 7V (the V+ is 10V and V- is GND).

If I connect inputs to 2V, then the output remains 1.5V.

Last edited:

If I connect both inputs to the GND, the output will be 7V (the V+ is 10V and V- is GND).

So you work with single supply ?
Do you know about the restrictions for single supply (proper biasing)?

So you work with single supply ?
Do you know about the restrictions for single supply (proper biasing)?

Yes, I do. I want to have a simple subtractor to make a current limiter.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about proper biasing for single-supply op-amp circuits. Could you please introduce some text to refer? Do you have any idea to solve the problem?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back