Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

leunglhz

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my desktop computer isn't displaying, the screen blacks out when its switches on.

anyone know what's wrong? i guess there's sth wrong with the I/O port.

and where can i find circuit diagram of the motherboard? (a7n266-vm)

thx

I would check monitor cable first and then power supply voltages. This is mostly unreliable parts of the system where failure is more possible.

Hi there even i have the same motherboard..Asus A7N266-Vm and i happen to the service manual too....but not a soft copy....

I faced this problem with the display and i debugged it using BIOS...Now if u are NOT AN ADVANCED USER then it is not recommended for u to go to BIOS....else the answer lies in the BIOS...

First this problem would have occurred if u have added a graphics card....or your on chip graphics drivers are toasted....

If u have a graphics card (an Alternate way to display contents on monitor)then u go to bios and select the video setting to AGP...

If u dont have a graphics card then i guess u ask someone to lend it and try this experiment...By this u willl understand whether your motherboard is faulty or not...
Then u can go on to check the cables and other connections....

I hope this helps...Cheers...

i test it with another monitor and cable, but it stills doesn't work.

Actually I don't have experience with Bios.

I am thinking of replacing it with a new graphic card, and I have an old graphic card(not sure if it still works).

I plugged the card in, but there is still no display. Do I need to change the video settings in the Bios?but how can I do it with any display on the screen.

Thx

Black screen -- does the system show any signs of life? Maybe the computer's power supply is totally dead.

Did it work for a while and now it's broken, or is it a new system that has never worked?

If it's a new system, do you have the motherboard manual, and did you follow the setup instructions?
**broken link removed**

It is an old computer(~5 years)

It just suddenly 'black out' one day.

I tested the power supply on other computer and it works.

Here is the responds of the computer when the power is turned on

•The fans turned on
•The motherboard responds by sounding "beap" once.
•No obvious overheat on the motherboard.

Thx

is there motherboard company name any info on monitor screen. when you power on computer?

if nothing, then try this.

remove mains cable from computer and then remove all cable from motherboard and harddisk-cd-dvd-rom -power supply and then clean motherboard and give some light heat by hair dryer to mother board then refix all cable.

be carefull you have to keep remember all cable connectore where it was. or you need motherboard manual book..

wbr

There is nothing on the screen when the power is on

I have already remove all the dust on the motherboard, but it still doesn't work

Have you tested the monitor on a different machine?

Can you hear your hard drive kicking in? (although the screen should display something before this happens anyway).

Try clearing the CMOS (usually a jumper located next to the battery).

Thx

could you explain a bit more about "clearing CMOS", because I'm not sure how to do that

Check your mainboard's manual. There's a jumper on your main board related to CMOS. find it and when you computer is switched off but take it out and put it back in the place. your CMOS will be cleared.

All the beaps refers to something. It would be mention in the Bios. The beep sounds are audible indication of problem.
If it beeps one time, then A would be the problem, if two times beeps, then B would be the problem, if three times beep, then C would be the problem and so on.
These beeps are all clear indication of telling the user about it's problem. If you don't have a manual, I hope you could find the manual right from the internet.Check what beeps refer to which problem, then you can pin point the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back