Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with my car alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsen 2012

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
all alarm systems have a built in auto arme mode , when press the unlock key and no body get in the car the system will lock it self after 30 seconds .
This function is based on the door trigger signal , so when opening the door , a negative (or positive) signal is received on the alarm (blue wire) from the door trigger .
But my car and the majority of peugeot cars is sending this negative signal when just pressing the unlock key from remote !!! and the ceiling light is ON Without opening the door . So the auto arm mode will not working because the alarm has received the signal !!
When my car door is closed i get +12v in the door trigger wire , and gnd when opened .
Please help me guys to solve this problem , i want to get a negative signal on the alarm when i open the door , not when pressing the unlock key remote .
Maybe a relay circuit or another trick will solve this problem
Thanks

Auto security systems seem to do a lot of inexplicable things. Things we ordinary people would not expect intuitively. I discovered this last fall with my 2006 used Pontiac, as I caused the horn to blast simply by unlocking the door with the normal key. With some experimentation I found it happened if I flipped the door-locking switch before exiting the car. It stayed quiet if I had previously locked it with the same key. I don't know why the designers did this.

If you try any alterations whatsoever, you can't necessarily hope to reduce it to simpler operation as you wish. Instead, you may cause the alarm to activate and never turn off. Or the engine may never start again. The Peugeot dealer will no doubt offer to replace every module that has to do with theft prevention (at great expense to you). Probably he will simply restore your car to 'normal operation', that is, to do the same thing it does now that annoys you.

Look for manufacturer bulletins, or recall notices, which might address your situation. You can ask your dealer if you trust them to stay up to date. There is a slim chance the module needs to be re-programmed, at small expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back