Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with LM101A getting heated in a sine wave generator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek.vnit

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am makin a sine wave generator using LM 101A and LM 111. However, I find that IC LM101A gets heated when the power is turned on and the output is distorted.

Can anyone tell me if there is some known issue with the IC (biasing etc.) I am using 12 V dual power supply.
Only LM 101A gets heated while LM 111 does not cause any problems. The current supplies by +12 Volt part of the supply increases substantially. That from the negative supply is constant at about 3mA.
Regards,
Abhishek

Re: Sine Wave Generator

abhishek.vnit said:
Hi all,
I am makin a sine wave generator using LM 101A and LM 111. However, I find that IC LM101A gets heated when the power is turned on and the output is distorted.

Can anyone tell me if there is some known issue with the IC (biasing etc.) I am using 12 V dual power supply.
Only LM 101A gets heated while LM 111 does not cause any problems. The current supplies by +12 Volt part of the supply increases substantially. That from the negative supply is constant at about 3mA.
Regards,
Abhishek
You need to post your schematic.

Re: Sine Wave Generator

Maybe your LM101A gets its internal problems, try on the other LM101A to identify the reason.

nguyennam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back