Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Linux 6.2 maximum resolution (GD5465 card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

efundas

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Li*nu*x display problem

I have installed linux 6.2 in my system with cirrus logic GD5465 display card. But the max resolution that I get in it is 640X480, and the windows that open up are so big that I cannot access some of the command butns such as "OK"/"CANCEL" even by resizing the window.
Can I install some graphics accelerator or a new driver and obtain better resolution with this same card. If anyone knows anything about this then please let me know.

xvidtune is your friend

(I am not sure for RedHat 6.2 but for 8.0 it works)

Tom

The step is:

1> Shutdown the computer by typing $halt
2> Power Off
3> Change Vga Card with new Vga Card (mybe 4M vga RAM)
4> Starting linux by Power On
5> login as root
6> typing on console as $XConfigurator (case sensitive)
7> Please follow the steps.

If any error about the mouse please edit "mouse" file in /etc/sysconfig directory.

Remove the end of text: /dev/mouse.

Thnk

Xconfigurator

In redhat, you can run Xconfigurator. THis is redhat's main video setup. Just increase your resolution. THis has a graphical interface so you will know if something is screwed up right away. Another option, is XF86Setup. Make sure to use that capitalization. This was a great graphical interface video setup program that redhat used to include but no longer does. That's your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.