Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem with LCD connection with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

natasie

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I designed a circuit to send data to LCD, i simulated it on proteus and its working...but now, when i tried to connect it in actual life, it doesnt work. i only see flickers of light, like as if its showing characters but i cant read what its showing. please any advice?
im using JHD-162a LCD

First of all, you need to check VEE voltage that produce a contrast adjustment. To check that, do not initialize the LCD, just connect it to power supply and ground. The first row must be highlighted. That means that LCD controller alive, contrast normally adjusted, and you are lucky guy. ))

program removed

Attachments

• lcd.jpg
    lcd.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

He-he, sorry, I can't help you with assembler. But if you using proteus, just send me your project. I need to check simulation procedure with logic analyzer.

Without any code nobody can guess what’s wrong. In your schematic it shows that you are using a 10K series resistor between P2.7 and D7.You should not do that...

Good luck

yes, i made the correction. i didnt connect the 10k resistor with D7.

but the programming is not wrong. the LCD displays the message but the message its displaying is not sharp enough.
i have tried using the contrast key and backlight but its not working.

any suggestions???

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

i used a 10k potentiometer with the contrast of the microcontroller and i used a 100ohm potentiometer with the backlight L+ pin. is there anything you would suggest for me to do?

i have tried using the contrast key and backlight but its not working.
I used a 10k potentiometer with the contrast of the microcontroller and i used a 100ohm potentiometer with the backlight L+ pin. is there anything you would suggest for me to do?
No if contrast key and backlight is not working not much can be done ,may be your LCD is damaged.I use 47K pot for contrast and 470 ohms for backlight.Here is a pic of my LCD
debjit625_LCD.jpg
I asked for the code because it might cause for your code also,like if you send data to LCD with a very fast rate repeated times then it will give this kind of problem.Anyway much can be said after looking at your code ....

Good Luck

Re: natasie

if u have not connect pot(variable resistor) at pin no 1,2,3 of LCD then you can not get enough sharpness....

after doing this solution in ur h/w,please post ur correct circuit diagram which u have interface in ur h/w....

and please post ur software also.....

i can solve ur prolem easily....

thanks everyone,

i have fixed it. the fault was from the LCD, i think it was burnt out. i purchased a new LCD and it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.