Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with JTAG as it is not detecting Samsung S3C2410 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mura_krish

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.,

im working in ARM module 4m samsung s3c2410 processor...... and its 3.3V supply

JTAG is not detecting my processor id...... processor is working good......
i have checked the voltage levels in that i have doubt in TDO voltage level and TMS voltage level..... so can any one tell me what the prob is ...... or give some related documents about JTAG signal characteristics.........

Re: JTAG PROBLEM

Hi,

I suggest one thing for probing JTAG, kepp giving 10 inputs for the TDI and then keep probing the TDO hopefully you should get some signal on TDO. If still not any signal then one of the component may not be conected properly.
I used to probe with TDI for more than 20 cycles in case the target is not getting detected.
Hope this works, u also can refer the IEEE 1149.1 standard for any specific details.

Cheers
Gowtham

mura_krish,

I had noticed some problems at JTAG regarding :

- Cable size ( greater than 150-200 mm )
- Paralel port ( at some PC's )

+++

Check whether ur JTAG s/w support this device & family..

Hi,

See the attachment, which describes the JTAG standard.

If you need more information, contact me.

Regards,

N.Muralidhara

There is also some good material on Xilinx website.

JTAG PROBLEM

Can you point to any specific xilinx app note?

if u r working with keil and their u t trying to detect the processor than i think u can try for manual settings.
i have worked with ulink device and their r two options:eek:ne for manual settings and other for manual.
let me know sth more abt the problem

Hi,

if it is a problem of TDO or TDI, it depends on components/layout: they could be bad mounted or broken.
Actually, sometimes I experience problems in VIO compatibility between host processor and JTAG adaptor. I am used to inserting diodes in NTRST and RESET signal lines in order to fix it.
Hope this help.

N.S.

Actullay,
For ARM controllers, If the PLL Setting is wrong, Jtag will not detect the device. You can detect the Micro using Manual mode annd correct PLL Setting and do programming then change it automatic

JTAG PROBLEM

If your ARM starts up with a slow clock (32.768KHz), then you will have to run your initial JTAG clock at a very slow rate, until you get its PLL configured to run at full speed. Some have an RCLK output that you should use instead. This is the way it works from some other vendor ARM processors. I have never used the s3c2410.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back