Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with installing assembly software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdi_ingeniero

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello to everyone.i want to install assembly software in my laptop, but i don't have 64-bit version.is there anyone who knows how can i find it?or tell me whether it's available or not?what should i do?

Can you be more specific as to which software you are referring?

What "assembly software?"

What 64-bit operating system are you using, Linux or Windows?

BigDog

assembly software:"wavrasm".it's like codevision,bascom,... but in assembly language.
and about 64-bit:my os is windows 7

One option is running a virtual machine, like Virtual PC with a compatible 32-bit OS installed.

Windows Virtual PC

I've used this option on my 64-bit systems to run legacy software not compatible with the current OS.

BigDog

you mean that if i install this program i can run assembly?

- - - Updated - - -

ahan.i got it.thank you very much my friend it was a great help.

Yes, effectively Virtual PC creates a virtual machine which runs under Windows 7 that you can load/run almost any OS like Windows XP Pro 32-bit.

The virtual machine still offers access to most of your systems peripherals like DVD, CDROM, hard drive, etc.

Therefore you can install and run the Wavrasm software just as if you had an Windows XP Pro system available.

I believe Windows 7 includes Virtual PC or a "Windows XP Mode" although I cannot speak from experience as I'm still using Vista. :shock:

BigDog

after Installing Virtual PC, can i use Borland C compiler on my machine???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back