Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with importing netlist in ORCAD 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

niks

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad yellow error

Hi
Im using ORCAD 9.1 . Im able to generate Allegro the netlist. But while importing netlist its givin errors. I was updating part properties by exporting in excel and then update and again import it. But its not gettin updated in first line of properties (instance properties) instead its gettin updated in second i.e. YELLOW lines.
How can i make all the lines with equal properties?
please help me ... cuz its horrible to update manually
niks

Dear Sir:
I have met the same question in OrCAD9.2
After asking the FAE of Cadence, I got the answer:
After you updating the part properties, some parts will have two properties line, one is white, the other is yellow. Save it. After doing this, you need not care the two properties lines. Either create BOM or create netlist, the software use the information in the yellow line only. Maybe this question is a "bug" of OrCAD. As the FAE said, the "bug" is corrected in OrCAD10.
About the importing netlist error, I think you must check the path setup in Allegro, User Preferences-->Config_paths-->devpath, the path is for your PCB Footprint. If Allegro can not find the right footprint in the path, the error is occur!
FYI!

Re: help me for ORCAD??

Hi
Actually white line shows Instances and Yellow line is for occurances.IF u update any Instance property then it ll reflect to occurances also i.e. it ll change globally. but if u update any yellow line then it ll change only in yellow line i.e. local change.
But if you export properties then i can C only yellow lines exported .. Im not gettin why its happening so.Actually it should export Instances not Occurances ,..
~niks~

One instance can have many occurances (more than one yellow lines) signifing that a number of same types of components are present in form of a complex hierachical block, these occurances can have seperate properties hence only occurance properties are exported .

But for designs where there are only one occurance throughout the design , OrCAD 10.0 provides a utility in the accesories menu to push occurance properties to instance. which could save the manual work you are talking about.

Regards
Asterix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back