Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with hybrid ring(rat race), CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

yekmosafer

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rat race hybrid

Hi all,
I am designing a hybrid ring (rat race), on CST Microwave Studio,It have 3 ports that are on a surface an a cylinder.
when I am trying to use Waveguide ports on rotated ports i have problem that Waveguide ports must be aligned in a plane parallel to the coordinate axes.
I tried to use local coordinate but it was not useful.
Does anyone know how can i resolve these problem.
Thanks in advance

this is my file

26_1247135567.jpg

hybrid ring + rat race circuit

Why are you using a full 3D EM solver to model a planar circuit? Planar EM simulators can model structures like this so much more quickly and easily, and drawing the circuits is far easier and faster.

rat am ring

maybe when you define the port, gnd included with it , and it will be cause these erors,check the place your port

how to build rat race circuit

Hi,
your port is wrong, try in the help find "port" :)

or look at the showroom on CST web, for example

https://www.cst.com/Content/Showroom/05/05.html -

watch how to make a port

btw - you need port on the all gate, because in this case it would be open circuit

hybrid ring

Hi

Perhaps you can use lumped ports. They are not restricted to be parallel to the coordinate system.

flyhigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back