Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with HDD as Windows doesn't detects it but BIOS do

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhangKhang

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
my computer became crazy!
when i start my pc, hit del to enter Cmos setting!
in the detecting hard disk driver, beside the hard disk label , there are so many exclamation points!
and it can not started!

i moved it to another PC to format, but, there is a another troubling! in Cmos, it can be detected, but in Win explorer , it can not be explore!...no driver letter!
hic...please help me...give me some instruction...soon!

thanks!

Re: help me!!!

try to run windows in safe mode

help me!!!

Find a program called paragon hard disk manager or PowerQuese partition magic beacose if your file system is corupt it will not showup in windows explorer! If you can't find these apps go to computer managment in windows administrative tools is the hard disk reported here, third conect it to a linux machine does it show there?
if not Your hard disk is probobly dead, take it to a service as they probobly have better equpment for diagnosing posible problems
and start searching for a new hard drive

Re: help me!!!

Ok I forgot about this.
There is a little program from maxtor ment for hd diagnosing and low level formating it's called powermax it's executed under dos, it's a free program but I can't remember where I got it so here is my copy (don't know if it's the most recent? version)

You'll need a formated floppy to use it, execute the self extracting image from the rar it will create the floppy disk, boot your or your friends pc from this floppy and format your disk
READ THE DOCUMENTATION
Try it hope this helps you ;)

help me!!!

What happend to your hard disk is it alliveor did it die?
I was tinking about the problems you described, wich created a few quiestions: Howcome the HDD didn't show up on your bios but it shows up on another pc? two main solutions eather the HDD or the Mother Board are broken. Let's say it's the HDD then why did it show up on a second pc, the most likely awbser is that your power suply is damaged or part of your power suply, so check your power suply. Let's just say that your HDD is fine and it's the power suply's poblem, your HDD needs formating windows explorer will not show a HDD with a file system not recognized by win lika fat or ntfs, to format it you must use the computer managment controll from windows managmetnt console within administrative tools or a third party tool lika Paragon HDM or PowerQuest PM, or Maxtors PowerMax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back