Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with HB simulation of a FET mixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

khouly

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am doing a reciver mixer right now ,
the RF =7.3 Ghz the LO= 5 GHz , the IF = 2.3

the prblem is while the HB simulation , i have found that the 2 harmonic of the LO 10 GHz is mixing with the RF 7.3 and produce a signal at 2.7 GHz , which is comparable in power with the desired singal ,

i am using a single trnasistor FET mixer , is there any solution to reduce the interference ,

or i need to space the LO to 6 GHz , i foud the interferer is away

what do u think ?

khouly

Re: Mixer problem

Your best bet is to avoid mixing products near the IF rather than making them smaller.

You should spend a few hours making a spread sheet to predict mixing products and then do a "what if" analysis where you cut and try several IF frequencies as well as high side and low side LO frequencies.

khouly

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Mixer problem

thanks Flatulent

yeah , i retured back to the system analysis again , and i am chinking the IF , i found that 6 GHz for the LO will give good results

the problem is the transistor is wide band , so the 2LO multiplication occur easily

i will try to make a detailed IF analysis and then check

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back