Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with faulty Marconi 2955 PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonybvw

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I have a marconi 2955 the power supply seems to be faulty as the fan pulses and finall starts to run when the ouput gets to 8.9v. does any one know what may be the fault with this unit as the whole system apart from some lights on the front is dead!!
Many Thanks

Tony
:cry:

marconi 2955

Hi,

the main reason for this is faulty caps in the PSU. Change all the old electrolytic caps and everything should be fine.

This is normal that the unit will not respond, the voltage is rising to slow so the CPU can't do a normal startup.

OK, your question was some time ago but maybe it help you or others.

Sidro

Re: Marconi 2955 PSU

Hi, I have a marconi 2955A that was intermittantly powering up but now it has stopped completely.The relay in the back still clicks, but it won't make the final loud click just before it powers up. I just get 1 LED on the 1W port and the three above it. anyone got any ideas? I have replaced the relay in the back because it was pitted but that din't make any differeance. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back