Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with EPIC Programmer after erasing a device

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan_manuell

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
epic programmer

Hi

I need to know if someone could make work the epic programmer,
I had a problem after erase the device i will do blnk check and it toldme that device is not blank at adress 0000, and when try to program it told that program adress 0000 it is not correct.

I use it on a XP, if any could tell me what i need to mesure or read.
VPP = 13.5 V
VDD = 5.0 V

thxs for you time

epic programmer tie to ground

Hello,

I have the same problem, I have tryed with a shorter parallel cable but no luck. I have seen that none of my led diodes are turned on but the voltages 13v and 5v are ok. Any idea??

Thanks a lot and Best regards,

mimoto

Re: EPIC Programmer problem?

HI,

EPIC WORS FINE, BUT FOR 877 CHIP YOU MUST SHORT TO GROUND PIN 36, AND FOR 876 CHIP YOU MUST SHORT TO GROUND PIN24.

BEST REGARDS! :wink:

Mimoto

If none of the LED's are lighting up there is a problem with your circuit. I suggest you chech the circuit and our interface cable and make sure that it is right. The programming LED should light up brightly when first powering up and as soon as the Epic software is loaded it should go dim.

Hope this helps you

i've been searching whole day for a working PIC-MCP-USB and EPIC PLUS PROGRAMMER Circuit+software. can anyone help me with this? IM VERY NEW TO pic programming. just got my own pic16f84a chip today. desprately need all the help that i can get.

pls email me the zipfile if possible. i don have any points to download.

I have a different problem. EPIC program?read /erase/verify memory, but did no set configuration bits. What can be ??? I try with diferent version of software 2.11 and 2.31, but result was the same . . .

PS What version of software you are using???+

Several hours later I've tried latest version 2.46 beta, and it works fine ... Strange...

do you use without any problem ?

Hi!
I have successfully used winpic800 software with both pic16pro hardware and also with jdm hardware. They donot show any such problems. I have tested it with most of the latest 12Fxx,16Fxx chips. Give it a try.
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.