Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with DA and a transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricGuo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DA help

Hi,all
I used AD9702 from AD to translate the digital singal to differential ouput and a RF transformer to translate the differential ouput to a single output. if i do not connect the transformer, the differentail analog ouput is linear with the digital input, but if i connect the transformer, the single ouput is nonlinear with the digital input. It looks like the transitory respone for charging a capacitor .
anyone has experience ,please help to solve the problem. thanks!

Re: DA help

DC bias and set points changed If you use single output.
This is normal.

Why yo dont use two differantial outputs?

you can use a op amp to convert differential ouput to a single output,
it is easy.
see your ad9702 datasheet.

noise

thank you for your info.
I have another problem. Since I directly connect FPGA output to the DA digital input, it seems that the switch noise of Data/clock/control signal
transition greatly degrade the system performance. I test the noise on DA analog ground, it's about 200mv/pp. Oh my god, the analog output is only about 1V/pp. ask for Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back