Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with cypress microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfadaco

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
does anybody know how to program this chip (CY7C63743C) from cypress, and if there is a cheap programmer compatible with this chip?
Thanks.

Are you sure, Keith? Because on cypress.com miniprog is not mentioned about programming CY7C63743C and even if miniprog is the correct programmer, I don't know how to connect it to the microcontroller...
Can you help me? Because on cypress.com it's not well explained...
Thanks.

No, I am not sure. I haven't full access to information at the moment but I will try to find out later when I am back at my computer. And yes, Cypress's web site is cr@p.

Keith

Ok thanks Keith!!
You're right about cypress.com!!
I'll wait for your answer! :D

Alex

They are too much expensive for me...
The miniprog would be a good compromise.
I'll try to ask Cypress's support directly and we'll see what they answer...
Thanks for you support!

Alex

Also post on the psocdevelopers forum. I know the question has been asked on there before, but there are some good Cypress technical guys who hang out on there and you get through to the knowledgeable ones quicker than going through Cypress Tech support!

Keith.

Best way is to download one of the many demo projects from the Cypress web site. If you buy one of their development/demo boards, that would be a good way to get started.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

We bought Cypress chip and programmer will it help me. If you know any links post it here...

It depends which chip you have bought. Here are some: PSoC® 1 - PSoC - programmable embedded system - on - chip integrating configurable analog and digital peripheral functions - programmable - embedded control applications - mixed - signal controller functionality - Cypress Semiconductor

I used one of these first: CY3210 - PSoCEval1 - Cypress Semiconductor and if you look on that page there are loads of demo projects and application notes to go with it. You could use the demo projects from that board. Some are quite simple and that is always the best way to start.

Keith.

Thanks Keith and Anitha, your inputs are really worthy and helps me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back