Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with cylindrical 8 patch antenna array, CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisskos

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am designing an antenna array, on CST Microwave Studio, consisted from 8 rectangular patches printed on a surface an a cylinder with coaxial feed. When i am trying to simulate the geometry i have an error :

Waveguide ports must be aligned with Cartesian coordinate planes for the
transient solver.

I know that the ports must be parallel on one axis x,y or z. Does anyone know how can i resolve these problem considering that i would like to simulate the farfields

Thanks in advance

p.s the array geometry is presented below

try to use disceret port instead waveguide

Thank you for your response, i tried to use discrete ports but it didn't work either because of the formulation of the geometry, i resolved this problem in an alternative way. I expanded and rotate the coaxial feed by 45 degrees in order to to have the port planes in one axis each time. It is a bit difficult geometry but i hope to get some results. Thank you again for your help.

hi chrisskos
,could upload ur file so it may be useful for us
regards

Hi abdoeng,
I haven't quite finished the simulation of the array, so it is not completed yet. I will uploaded when i can have complete results because when i try to simulate i get the message that the memory is not enough, as so i have to think of something else. When i upload the project i could sent you a pm if you want. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience

just try upload ur file,may i could look it
regards

chrisskos said:
Thank you for your response, i tried to use discrete ports but it didn't work either because of the formulation of the geometry, i resolved this problem in an alternative way. I expanded and rotate the coaxial feed by 45 degrees in order to to have the port planes in one axis each time. It is a bit difficult geometry but i hope to get some results. Thank you again for your help.

Was wondering how you added the curved metalized plates on the ring. Did you
create any special macro for this purpose, or used any existing ones?
Nice geometry, I like it!

Was wondering how you added the curved metalized plates on the ring. Did you
create any special macro for this purpose, or used any existing ones?
Nice geometry, I like it!

Where can i download the file? i have a similar problem with a conformal antenna array,
I have done an adecuation to the coaxial probe, but i doesnt works good.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back