Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with converting IR sensor's output to digital form

Status
Not open for further replies.

muiz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having problem with my IR sensor. It gives output in analog form but to use it with my microcontroller, i need dome device to convert it to digital form. for that i had used potentiometer. But it isn't working properly. Can you suggest some handy device for this purpose? :!:

Re: Problem with Sensors

most uC's have analog to digital convertors. What signal range and frequency response DC to ? or AC to? what is it for?

One aspect is about A to D conversion....the second one is getting signal conditioning properly.....you need to design the proper signal conditioning circuit with noise filtered ( A good R C filter ) , High input impedance, range and gain adjustable circuit.....May be using Opamp ......to get the reading properly

Good Luck

Sensor ---> Op-Amp ---> ADC ---> uC
This will be the better way for you.
or post the actual aim which want to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Sensor ---> Op-Amp ---> ADC ---> uC
This will be the better way for you.
or post the actual aim which want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.