Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with compiling in picall programer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanky

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picall programer problem

Hello, I have a picall programer I purchased some years ago it says rev 2.5 on it. I used it some time ago to program some atmels. I am tring to program a pic 16f876. Not for money just for fun I wrote a simple pwm program using picbasic demo and compiled it using microcode studio. All is well hit the compile and program button. Successfull compile window pops up to program I hit the program ok button. window pops up saying writing program.......0000 and the writing light on the programer comes on and nothing else happens.
Thanks in advance for any help,
spanky

picall programer problem

There must be a hardware check utility by which you could individually check the lines clk,data,vcc control, program control lines etc.
Check these voltages on the appropriate pins on the ZIF socket.
Hope it helps!

Giri

Re: picall programer problem

OK I'll give it a try. Nothing else is working either. verify, blank check, erase, read. all of them come to the point that it says starting.........0000 then locks up. I need to crtl-alt-del to get out of it. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back