Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with communicating to a remote computer using windows sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedyar_engr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i am working at networked control systems and trying to use ethernet in real time control systems, and having much confusing thing.

when ever i communicate to some remote computer using window sockets average value of delay in ethernet is 1.56mS, while when i do the same with localhost(127.0.0.1) average value of delay rises to 25.5mS.

while, i do think that average value in case of localhost should be less.
if any one can help me out, why its happening ??????

thanks for help ......

regards
ahmed yar

Re: windows sockets

Many OS use the local host address for inter process type communication. All data goes through the tcp stack and you might be sharing that with a lot more processes than you think.

Swingbyte

Re: windows sockets

hi,
yup i think you got the right culprit. thx for getting me out of chaos ..........

regards
ahmed yar

windows sockets

Many Operating Systems use the local host address for iSome Kind Of process type communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back