Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with clock in a design when running simulation with .sdf loaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

fighter212

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i'm encountering a very strange problem about clock in my design. the clock net "clk" is connected directly to the CP port of a FF. when i observe the net "clk", it works normally. but when i observe the CP port of the FF, it holds logic 1.
if i run simulation without loading .sdf, everything works normally.
here is the waveform from debussy. who can help me.

*w,sdfnl1

With SDF reduce ur clock frequency and try and let us know the
results. I wold also like to know whether you are getting any error
while you load the sdf file.

attempt to annotate to non-existent source port

in my design i used some ram models which are descripted in behaviour level and will be replaced by hardware core when tape out. in netlist these ram models remain in behaviour level. So there are some warnings like this:
ncelab: *W,SDFANS: Attempt to annotate to non-existent source port DOx6x at scope level tb_chip.chip.u0.epinf.ep0_rx_fifo.ram0.sram2_64x8.
ncelab: *W,SDFAND: Attempted INTERCONNECT annotation to non-existent destination port RAx5x at scope level tb_chip.chip.u0.epinf.ep0_rx_fifo.ram0.sram2_64x8.

some other warnings are like this:
ncelab: *W,SDFNGL (e:\project\smic\zero\sdnrq2.v,87|40): Attempt to annotate negative timing check limit in instance (tb_chip.chip.u0.rst_local_reg), yet -NEG_TCHK not specified, setting to 0.
$hold (posedge CP &&& (SC==1'b1),posedge SD &&& (SC==1'b1),th_cp_sd_l,notifier);
ncelab: *W,SDFNL1 (e:\project\smic\zero\decrq2.v,95|74): Attempt to annotate a negative value to a 1 limit timing check in instance (tb_chip.chip.u0.eeprom_if.\counter_start_stop_reg[0] ), setting to 0.
$recovery (posedge CDN &&& (ENN==1'b0),posedge CP &&& (ENN==1'b0),tsu_cdn_h_cp,notifier);

my synthesis and simulation tool is synopsys design compiler and cadence nc-verilog.

ncelab sdfand

I think there are negative value of timing in your SDF file.
You have to check P&R tool and regenerate a new SDF file to simulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back