Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with class C chopper (MOSFET) design with a 555timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

udave

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We build a type c chopper using 555timer to control the duty cycle and then connected to inverter to get sequence on and off signal. However after we hook up the inverter signal to the MOSFET (chopper) we find out the inverted signal that is coming out form the timer never turn off it's always continue. so we release that if the sequence not going to turn off, we going to have short ckt because at some point both chopper going to be on.
Question is how can fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Class C two quadrant

I'm just off to buy some psychic pills so I can help.

...or you could post a schematic to give us some clue of what you are doing.

Brian.

(Has anyone else never heard of a "class c two quadrant" 555 timer?)

Can you post your schematic diagram so that we can know exactly what you are talking about.

Without a schematic the only thing i can say is that you are probably not driving the mosfet gates with a driver that can handle the charging current of the gate (or you are using a gate resistor that limits the current too much) and the mosfet is not turned off before you turn it on again.
Unless you mean that the 555 circuit is not oscillating, I'm not clear on that.

Alex

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back