Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem with circuit simulated with LTSpice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

torakaru

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear folks,

I have been trying to simulate the DC behaviour of a voltage protection circuit with LTSpice, but I cannot achieve the expected results. If you take a look, the VBAT_CLAMP output voltage should be clamped at +15V due the zener diode D2, but in my simulation this is not happening (the output is near the same as the input voltage; near +20V), and I cannot understand why :sad:.

Could you help me, please?

FYI, you can download the free LTSpice IV from:

https://ltspice.linear.com/software/LTspiceIV.exe

And my circuit (to avoid you to re-draw it) from the attachment. Or take a look to the picture:

protection.png

Thanks a lot in advance by your support!

Attachments

• Protection.zip
    869 bytes · Views: 82
Last edited:

The circuit surely won't work as a clamp, but should switch of the output above about 15.5 V input voltage. You'll need to connect at least a resistance at the output to see the effect.

I tried your suggestion and it works! (Now I can see how the output voltage(Vbat_clamp) is switched off above Vbat=+15.5V) ;-)

Thanks a lot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back