Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with chipscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun397

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i have been using chipscope for my project. but it gives waiting for upload when ever i trigger.please help
[/img]

Hi,

Just add reset signal, and give trigger on that, then press reset button, if in this case also same problem comes then your clock is not running. Make some counter which runs on clock (used by chipscopro) and assign 27th bit to led available on your board and varify.

HTH,
Shitansh Vaghela

Hello arun,

I faced the same pronblem as you. TYhe solution is simple, you must read the input system clock , probably a Xtal Oscillator, then invert it at any output port
i.e.
Code:
sys_clk_in <= sys_clk_out
Then while connecting the ILA core use system_clk_in as the clock for ythe core.Everything should be okay now.

Best wishes,
Sameh Yassin

hi,
thanks for the replies........
i have one more doubt. i have many components in my code. i am not able to understand what all nets to be connected to the trigger and data signals. i thought of connecting the top module nets but all the inputs and outputs are not available and many intermediate nets are present of different components. i think my problem would be solved if i can know what all signals to be triggered.

but iam not able to understand it. please help.

do i need to trigger all the nets available.

No, you do not need to trigger on all nets in the system. Just set chipscope to start capturing data on the reset signal as was mentioned above. Or if you know that your system starts with some specific values without having go use reset, then choose those values.

Also its a good idea to maintain hierarchy when using chipscope. XST flattens your design by default.

hi,
if any one could provide any specific example regarding this i would be very grateful.
as i am not able to do it.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back