Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with "change to layer" option in Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

princerock

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm drawing path in my layout (in Virtuoso) and find that the "change to layer" option is always "none". So I cannot change to another layer while drawing (e.g. to draw a metal1 path besides a poly one). How to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

princerock

Re: layout problem

that much i know is....u select first select it...then press "q" for watching its properties.....now one button will be there showing "M1" / "M2" etc...u can press that button...and the available layers will come...u can select one now.....
but mind one thing that....it may create DRC error if u forget to change the other properties excpet only the 'layer'...

sankudey

layout problem

hai,
i worked on virtuso a cadence tool.
see u will have a box comprising of all the layers . i think you must be knowing that.
if you just click on the metal which you need, that will be changed to the required one.first of all the layers have to be saved with different colours before using the tool.
this one will be done by your higher authorities itself.
once again just check whether you are getting proper lincence other wise some probs may occur.
ok.

layout problem

U must check your tech file before start the simulation. major problem for layout is the tech file.

Do you have defined symbolic contacts? I think this is the must to be able to do what you want.

Check if u have installed the pdk files properly.

layout problem

WHAT U NEED TO DO IS

FIRST SELECT A METAL FROM LSW BEFORE EXECUTING THE COMMAND FOR PATH

THEN U WILL GET THE METALS IN PATH PROPERTIES WINDOW

As swathi said ,u can select the required layer from the LSW window and then draw the path of desired width.

There is on more way ,on the layout editor window press "p" and then F3 one window will popup there u can select the following options:

1.Type of metal
2.Width
3.Direction(orthogonal/Diogonal/ any drection) ........and other options.

I think the second option is more useful.

U can use this "F3" for all the bindkey options.

vijay

check your tech file...

layout problem

hi,
i agree with all answers by our friends.incase u still face the same problem then, u need to edit the skill program by consulting your support group.
there is a option like"LM :OFF/ON"
LM means layer migrate .make sure that this option is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back