Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with CCS PIC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack// ani

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I’ve written this simple program to count 1 to 25 and display the result on RS232 terminal software

#include <16F84A.H>
#fuses XT,NOWDT
#use delay(clock=4000000)
#use rs232(baud=9600, xmit=PIN_A3, rcv=PIN_A2)
void main()
{
int i;
while(true)
{
i=1;
printf("RESET");
for(i=1;i<=25;i++)
{
printf("\nNumber is : ",i);
delay_ms(400);
}
}
}

But I can only see “Number is :” at the output, the numbers digits are missing! And after 25 times I get “RESET” as expected and everything repeats again. What could be the problem? Please help me.

Thanks

printf("\nNumber is : ",i); ---> printf("\nNumber is : %d",i);

this was one of disadvantages with C. although you have declared "i" as an int but you will have to tell again that it is an int when you use the printf command. if you use C++ you dont have to do this. but that is a different story and you wont be using C++ on a PIC.

like i have always recommended i would recommend you to first practice with C on a PC. get a good book like "The C Programming Language" by K&R and try some example programs. then move on to C for PICs.

I know C very well, but for quite long time I have not done any practice. Infact I came across a wrong example which was having such statement. I expected it should give some error, and went on further blindly. Anyway thanks for reply

Status
Not open for further replies.