Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with cable connection while programming Xilinx FPGA kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek_raj_verma

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there,

I ve encoutered one problem while programming xilinx FPGA kit. It shows cable is not connected. when i do autodetect cable it shows cable is connected but when i say program then again it says that cable isnot connected.

what cud be the problem???

help, i m new to it.

programming for the first time.

vivek

help needed

Xilinx has many FPGA kits. Which one do you have?

I'm guessing you are using Xilinx ISE iMPACT software and the Xilinx Parallel Cable IV. Correct?

iMPACT displays a lot of confusing messages as it searches the parallel port, USB port, and the JTAG chain. If you show us all the messages, maybe someone can see what's going wrong.

Please use a more descriptive message subject than "help needed".

help needed

Do you have power on you board?
How clean is a power supply?

Re: help needed

thanks ,
i ll be posting the messeges what it gives and the xilinx kit information soon.

i think this may arise if you are not the host admin

I get this message quite often, but my problem is mainly due to the JTAG flylead not connected properly.

vivek_raj_verma said:
hi there,

I ve encoutered one problem while programming xilinx FPGA kit. It shows cable is not connected. when i do autodetect cable it shows cable is connected but when i say program then again it says that cable isnot connected.

what cud be the problem???

help, i m new to it.

programming for the first time.

vivek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back