Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with burning a hex file into keeprog programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

sud90

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need help with my keeprog programmer.....
On trying to burn a hex file into it withavrdude gui it says cant open device "giveio"...
i tried with other burning softwares also but it also said cant find usbasp device....
The ld on the programmer is burning........
Pleasehelp me out........

Re: kee prog programmer

As per your given description, it seems the connection between the ISP pins of the Chip and the programmer are not connected or broken. Too the same message will pop out in case the SPIEN is disabled in the last programming session. Try using a new chip or have a continuity check between the target and the programmer pins. The company recomends the use of ProgISP with Keeprog. Try using that too. Just for curiosity sake, is the programmer marked as 2.4v or Mk2?Cheers

thanks for the reply.......
the programmer is marked mk2.......
i checked the connectivity b/w the uc and the programmer. it was fine.checked with new uc as well.did not work.i used progisp as well. it said unable to load libusb0.dll.i did not understand what you meant by SPIEN can you please explain.
what else might be wrong?
i really appreciate do your help:D......

kee prog programmer

SPIEN is "Serial programable interface enable" if this option is "Ticked" and the chip is programmed in the last event, the chip cannot be read or erased using Keeprog. It will require a high voltage parellel programmer to open the SPIEN and make the chip nornal. try using another New chip. When you used Prog ISP, you didnt mention what pop out error you got. Cheers

i tried with a new chip........ prog isp said "unable to load libusb0.dll"........

kee prog programmer

You need to Uninstall Prog ISP and re-load it. Unable to find .dll files mean the software is corrupted or some file are not acessible / deleted. Cheers

ya i tried it now..... tried in a different progisp 1.6.8v........... it burnt successfully there....... really gratefull for your help..........

Status
Not open for further replies.