Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with awgn command in Matlab 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girly_girl

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys,

I have been trying to add some noise to my signal , and currently using Matlab 2010.. but it doesnt recognise wat awgn is !...

What do you suggest the problem is?

thnx

Re: Matlab R2010 - awgn

Thanks for ur reply..

Yea i tried that but i get this:

awgn not found.

type awgn(signal,snr)

Thanks
i dono what the problem is ..but it keeps asking for things to be defined.. i.e. i gt this message..

Undefined function or variable 'snr'

Does that mean that i need 2 put in the signal to noise ratio equation in as well?
or is it a problem with the matlab toolbox?

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Check this address
Add white Gaussian noise to signal - MATLAB
and check if you have the Communiations toolbox in your Matlab edition.

Thanks
I have had a look at this page, and tried it.. but again the problem is that it doesnt recognise the awgn..!
Regarding the communication toolbox.. yea ihave read it elsewhere that it is probably necessary to have it open.. but since i have never used any toolbox.. i dono how it works and where to get it from..and so on...:D

:-S

OK, Try this :

Copy and paste the example that is written in the example page. If it does not work, then you probably do not have the communications toolbox.
The communications toolbox, like all the toolboxes in the matlab, is loaded every time you open the matlab. But in order to be loaded it sjopuld be installed.
So check in the matlab licence that you have, if you have purchased it.
Most probably, if you still have problem with the example, you do not have this toolbox.

OK, Try this :

Copy and paste the example that is written in the example page. If it does not work, then you probably do not have the communications toolbox.
The communications toolbox, like all the toolboxes in the matlab, is loaded every time you open the matlab. But in order to be loaded it sjopuld be installed.
So check in the matlab licence that you have, if you have purchased it.
Most probably, if you still have problem with the example, you do not have this toolbox.

Many Thanks Tom,
It still doesnt seem to be working...
I will need to get a licence code from my uni.. but untill i do that.. do u think there could be another way of solving the problem?

Thanks

I guess you can create on your own the awgn, that can be done like this:
a)use the randint function to create a random signal that is more or less like a noise
b)use the mean function to measure its power
c)calculate the snr (in dBs I guess ) that you want to add, this will give you the coefficients that you should ultiply your signal
d)add your signal with the noise with the coefficients that you got.

Hope to help!!

many Thanks Tom, ill give that a try ..

Thanks

... BTW , i have an another thread opened..for someone to be checking my psk code... I dont really know if that is covered in ur studies.. but if so would u mind having a look at it please?

Regards

A good general tip since that you are using Matlab: Matlab has one of the best help sections. In the majority of the communications problems it has an answer. So I would suggest to always check as detailed as you can Matlab's help. Most of the times you will find a lot of things, if not your answer.
As long your code, I have found it and I will check it. Yet, code checking needs some time. So, please be patient on answers.

Hey Tom,

Hope you are good.

Do you have any idea on how to improve the code written on the other thread?

I'd really appriciate your kindness in responding to this problem...

Thanks

Im sorry :p... Sure :) Thanks

This is becoming urgent :-S could anyone else helpp plz?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.