Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Problem with Atmega8L programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Recently I built an AVR programmer based on the one suggested at AVR Programmer and also got myself a new Atmega8L-8PU. I tried programming it with both PonyProg and AvrDude but none of them are detecting the AVR. I even got another Atmega8L-8PU but the outcome was identical. Could there be a problem with the crystal ?

Did you connect external +5V voltage supply for AVR chip?
Have you check polarity of zener diodes?

Reactions: layzee

layzee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The factory setting for the mcu clock used is internal RC, you don't need a crystal so this isn't the problem.
You also have to connect the 5v of the ICSP plug to a 5v power supply, this is an input for the voltage and you have to provide it for the correct operation, it is not an output.
Check is the MISO/MOSI are connected properly.

Alex

layzee

Thanks guys... I thought that the 5V and GND pins were outputs from the programmer. I'll add a 7805 this time and check...

Thanks guys... I thought that the 5V and GND pins were outputs from the programmer. I'll add a 7805 this time and check...

and dont forget to connect your powersupply ground to the programmer ground.

layzee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back