Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with Allegro..(urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navya

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I have a problem in updating the symbols to the board in Allegro.. Is this because of any change in constraint or any problem with the footprint?
The error is coming like"refresh_ symbol.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.."
Can anyone plz find a solution to this...

Thanks
Navya

I would think contacting Cadence support would be the fastest solution. If you were able to do it before, then maybe reinstall? I suggest the support they are pretty responsive.

This sounds like a program crash of refresh_symbol.exe.

You need to check with Cadence support to open a Service Request and report a bug. In the mean time, running DB doctor on both the .BRD and DRA might help to fix the problem. Also need to ensure that you have the valid .DRA in the search path.

Hopes this helps.

Often the problam can be a bad thermal flash in the padstack of a symbol, this frequently occurs with designs translated from Pads.

SiGiNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back