Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with a PC interface for Elevator Monitoring System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_87

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm an apprentice in the last year of Electronics Engineering, my project is to monitor an Elevator via PC.
I'm using the PIC18 as an intermediate device: "PC-> PIC18 -> Elevator controller".
The section "PIC18 -> Elevator" is handled smoothly, no problem with that.
The section "PC -> PIC18" is half done, I could get and understand the firmware that insures a USB communication.
However, I'm having a problem doing an Interface on the PC that responds to the received data from the PIC (i.e the elevator) and represent it in a cool way on a PC (it could be via LEDs on a terminal or maybe a fancy GUI of an elevator simulation etc...)

So basically I need some sort of Terminal (written on VB or whatever) that can read data from USB port and do a graphical action. Could anyone help me with that?

Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back