Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with 18F4620 and I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

insaniac

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a proyect compiled for the PIC18F452 and I have to recompile it for the PIC18F4620 because of my code growing too large. I think that my problem is in the I2C code. I'm using a HiTech C compiler and MPLAB with the ICD2 incircuit debugger.
Any suggestion would be useful for me.

Thanks

PD: I'm pretty new in this area, so if any reply please use earth's language.

But What kind of problem are you have? The I2C doesn't work, or another part of the processor? Please give us more details...:idea:

leomecma

The whole system have 3 FLASH memory chips, a LCD display, a real time clock, and a PIC16F877A wich communicates with the PIC18F452 through the I2C bus as weel as the FLASH mems and the RTC. When I recompile (after a few register modifications) the code for the new uC everything went fine until I've tried to make the system work.
The problem is that new PIC is not reading from the RTC and the FLASHs mems, on the other hand it is connecting to the 877A, the LCD works fine so the problem is with the I2C bus. The mem chips are Microchip 24LC256.
I think that is a I2C clock or bus problem, but I can't deal with it because I have no oscilloscope!! I think I should buy one first.
Anyone have some C code for dealing with I2C or a good tutorial or book?
Thanks for any kind of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.