Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem wirh DDR SDRAM controller targeting on board XUPV2P, Virtex-II Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

connit1986

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I’m implementing DDR SDRAM controller targeting on board xupv2p, virtex-II pro. DDR SDRAM: KVR400x64C3A/256 256MB
I have modulated with modelsim at all levels to “post and route” with model ddr.v of Xilinx and I received good result (be able to write and read). But I had trouble while targeting on board. I used chipscope to observe and I don’t see result while reading (ddr_dq: data when read; ddr_dqs: stroble ).
Currently, I suspect that: ddr sdram with range of clock: 5ns-10ns; but board supports max 100MHZ. I use DCM to make output clk2x with clock input 100MHZ. Could you please give me some advices where I did wrong and how to repair it. Thank you very much for your time.

DDR question

Your controller must also supplu DDR clock to your memory chip, and that should be an output from the DDR flip-flop which must be instantiated in your VHDL code.

refer here:
**broken link removed**

DDR question

you can try your ddr controller at a lower freq to see whether it can work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.