Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem while using tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manuv16589

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,
I am very new to tanner tool. Hence i was trying to familiarize the tool by drawing the schematic of inverter. I am trying to simulate using by applying pulse. But at the output i am getting a ramp i.e the input itself i am getting as ramp. What is the problem? Please help.

You need to show your schematic - how can anyone help without it?

Keith.

I suggest you start with a DC sweep, not a transient analysis.

1pF is a huge capacitance to expect to charge in the time you simulated. Try removing it.

Keith

I suggest you start with a DC sweep, not a transient analysis.

1pF is a huge capacitance to expect to charge in the time you simulated. Try removing it.

Keith

when i was not getting the output i just decided to check the supply. I removed the inverter and when i saw the output i was getting only the ramp. What might be the problem. Plz help.

This looks wrong. I never used tanner, but if it's the same as the simulators I have used, then:

Step time must be much smaller than Stop time. If you set Step time to 50nS, the simulator only calculates values once every 50nS. Since your stop time is 500pS, the output just shows a small part of the straight line between the first two calculated values.

Try set Step to 10nS and set Stop to 10uS. That should give sensible results.

Absolutely...thank u very much godfreyl. I was struggling to make out the mistake. Its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back