Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem while debugging with ICD2 clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

w124dennis

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icd2 clone failed mplab icd 2 operation

Hello everybody,

First, thank everybody for making this greate project.
I have buildet the ICD2 clone with the PIC18F4550 and the PIC16F877A, everything works great, also much better speed than the cypress controler on my old icd2 clone.

There is only one strange problem, if i press halt while debugging, MPLAB hangs for about 4sec (target is still running) then the connection gets lost an the ICD2 gets reconnected and the debuggpointer is at 0.

I think its no hardware fault, but i can post the schematic this afternoon if needed.
I Used the hexfile from the "Short version of help for the ICD2" thread (ICD2_PIC18F4550_boot.hex and ICD2_PIC16F877A_boot.hex)

Some ideas?

greetings from germany ;)
Dennis

icd2 halt failed

What is reconnected? ICD2 from PC or target PIC from ICD2? For second, my by too long cable between ICD2 and target PIC.

Hi,

MPLAB throws out this message if i press halt in debugmode (after about 4s):

ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected

I think it is no hw problem, everthing works fine breakpoints, programing etc.+
... only the halt button.

Dennis

Hello

this ist the complete icd2 output log:

MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Running Target
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Running Target
Halting Target
ICDWarn0054: MPLAB IDE has lost communications with the MPLAB ICD 2. Would you like to attempt to reconnect?
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to target
Target Device PIC18F6627 found, revision = Rev 0x0
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
...Halt Failed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

dennis