Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem to see Gain in HFSS v10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant_ebg

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am facing some problem to see gain.
Can anyone help me on this matter, pls...it will very much helpful for me!
How to see gain of an microstrip patch antenna simulated in HFSS v10?
Basically I am confused about the phi & theta values in the sweeps tab, and the function under the Y tab...
I've just started with HFSS :)

Regards

Can you create a far-field plot as a 3D Polar plot?
Select all phi & theta values (this should be the standard for far-field plots) and in the Y tab select GainTotal.

Create a rectangular plot with far fields. Then select the desired sweep for the x-axis, and one theta and phi angle (otherwise you get many plots for each angle combination). And for the y values select the GainTotal (Gain at the specified angel) or for the maximum gain select under antenna parameters PeakGain.

hi.Do this steps:
1.in project manager window,right click in radiation>insert far field set up>infinite sphere
2.HFSS>result>create far field report>radiation pattern>(category=gain & function=dB & select sweep & select phi ,almost phi=0 for E-plane & phi=90 for H-plane)

please do i get this HFSS software. I need it for a particular design I want to do, but do not know where to download it. For free...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back