Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem to connect internet via gprs modem (wavecom & sim908)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.hojjatpanah

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there
i have used this at+commands and my problem is error after the "at+cstt" atcommand right at * step

Code C - [expand]
fputs("ATZ",COM_908); 
fputs("ATE0",COM_908);
fputs("AT+CSCLK=0",COM_908);
delay_ms(2000);
fputs("AT+CREG=0",COM_908);
delay_ms(2000);
fputs("AT+CGACT=1",COM_908);
delay_ms(3000);
fputs("AT+CGATT=1",COM_908);
delay_ms(3000);
fputs("AT+CIPMUX=0",COM_908);
 fputs("AT+CSQ",COM_908);---------> +CSQ: 26,0
fputs("AT+CPIN?",COM_908);--------> +CPIN: READY , OK
 fputs("AT+CREG?",COM_908);--------> +CREG: 0,1 , OK
fputs("AT+CGATT?",COM_908);-----------> +CGATT: 1 , OK
fputs("AT+CIPMUX?",COM_908);--------> +CIPMUX: 0, OK
fputs("AT+CSTT=\"mtnirancell\"",COM_908);-----------> *
fputs("AT+CIICR",COM_908);
fputs("AT+CIFSR",COM_908);
fputs("AT+CIPSTART=\"TCP\",\"www.google.com\",\"80\"",COM_908);

Last edited by a moderator:

hi dear Fvm
i read the thread that you said but my problem isnt +creg:3 and my +cgatt=1. and my apn have not any username or password. should i put at+creg=1 or 0? and my problem is still alive! :D

If you want to enable unsolicited registration messages or not is a matter of your application design. It only makes sense if you are monitoring modem responses in the background, otherwise the messages are probabably disturbing.

My suggesteion was however about enabling extended error messages with AT+CMEE to know why CSTT command is failing.

1. At first place, pls check AT+CREG=0,1...Until you get this on turning ON the module, pls do not execute the other commands.
2. After the step 1 execute all the other commands.
3. In your code, AT+CSTT command is wrong. If you have only APN and not the username / password then you have to send the AT command in the below format.
AT+CSTT = "mtnirancell",,<ENTER>

If no username and password, still the AT command cannot be executed only APN without that 2 comma's.

hi kgshankar
i had used AT+CSTT = "mtnirancell",,<ENTER> but it is returning "operation not allowed" yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.