Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem related to MISO AND MOSI pin of SPI plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav yadav

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi frnds

i have two ques for SPI mode of ATMEGA16
1)when we enable MOSI PIN of master does it automatically starts the SCLK or not
2)after the transmission from master to slave does MOSI goes into Hi Z state or we have to make it HI Z state by making it input pin and writting PORTB=0

I M asking ths ques because i have sensor(ADNS2610)which have two port one for SCLK and SDIO so i have to connect both MOSI and MISO to one port of SENSOR

so plz plz plz help

If you are using the SPI interface of a specific micro you need to tell us which one.

Normally the clock is produced in software or starts when the transmit register is loaded with data. There is no requirement for SPI lines to go hi-Z at all, it's up the the device manufacturer or your software to take care of that.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.